CANADA | U.S. – CANADIAN CROSS BORDER TRANSACTIONS
McCullough Sudan regularly represents Canadian corporations doing business in the United States, and American companies expanding into Canada. We add value by advising optimal corporate tax structures and operations to minimize client’s cross-border taxes.
Our law firm is also a proud sponsor of multiple Canada Day events in Houston, Texas along with Canadian governmental entities, Canadian multinational oil companies, the Canadian Club of Houston and other professional services firms.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Cross Border Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestitures and Due Diligence
- Tax and Legal Aspects of International Financial Transactions, Investments and Corporate Structures; Planning with respect to Capital Structures, and Subsidiary Capitalization
- Risk Mitigation Strategies for Canadian Companies entering the U.S. Markets
- Multinational Corporate Structures; Foreign Branches, Subsidiaries, and Joint Ventures
- Cross-border Commercial Transactions; Master Service Agreements, Sales and Distribution Agreements; Terms & Conditions and OEM Agreements
- Day-to-Day Representation of Energy, Oilfield Services, Oilfield Products Companies, Manufacturers, Distributors, and Engineering Firms
- Cross Border Technology Licensing and Acquisitions; Intellectual Property Ownership Structuring; Legal and Tax Planning for Multinational Corporate Structures; International Tax Planning for Cross Border Business Transactions; U.S.-Canada Income Tax Treaty Analysis; Foreign Tax Credit Planning; Intercompany Transactions and Transfer Pricing; Tax Planning for Foreign Investment in U.S. Real Property (FIRPTA)