Florence de Preville
Florence de Preville is an international lawyer with ten years of experience in Business Law. She graduated from La Sorbonne, Paris – France, in Business Law and passed the Paris Bar in 2005. She practiced in Paris for two years, with experience in litigation and advising small, medium and large size companies on a broad range of general corporate and commercial matters. Florence was then admitted to the Brussels Bar in 2008 and spent six years specializing in antitrust law, private equity, and international investment (especially in China and Brazil). She earned a Masters of Law (LLM) in International law from the University of Houston in 2014.
Florence de Preville is based in Houston; but, she serves clients internationally.
- International Business Transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Commercial contracts (Sales & Distribution, Loan Agreements)
- General Counsel Services
- Corporate Finance
- French law (corporate, civil law) and EU Competition law
- German on an intermediate level
- Managed all aspects of investment in Brazil and China between two major public companies, from advising how to structure new funds, negotiations, due diligence to drafting the investment fund documentation, partnership agreements, fund manager contracts and compensation arrangements, and the administrative registration of foreign investors with local authorities.
- Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated a wide range of contracts and documents related to private equity operations and acquisitions such as letter of intent, shareholders agreement, stock purchase agreement, incorporation documentation, and NDC agreement.
- Advised on corporate governance matters such as manager’s liability, board member’s liability, stockholder’s rights, anti-corruption legislation
- Provided legal advice regarding antitrust law, especially on the European Union (EU) market
- Drafted briefs and memorials in international arbitrations (ICC, Cepani arbitration)
- Provided legal advice on preventing and resolving international disputes, especially through arbitration
- University of La Sorbonne Paris I, 1999/2004, French equivalent of JD, LLM in Business Law and economics, Thesis on corporate governance
- Paris Bar Training School, 2005
- Kings College London, 2010, Postgraduate diploma in EU Competition Law
- University of Houston, 2014, LLM in International Law with a focus on International Petroleum Transactions, International Compliance, Arbitration, International Litigation and Investment in Emerging Countries.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Paris Bar, 2005
- Brussels Bar, 2008 (“inactive status” since June 2015)
- State Bar of Texas, 2015
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Amnesty International Belgium, legal team, 2010/2011
- Texas Young Professionals – Member