Dallas Cook counsels entrepreneurs, startups, and established businesses with an emphasis on entity formation, startup counseling, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, and general business transactions.
Dallas received her Juris Doctorate from University of Houston Law Center in 2014. Having started a company herself, Dallas is passionate about working with fellow entrepreneurs. She strives to provide clients with counsel that goes beyond their immediate legal needs—helping clients choose the right legal entity, protect intellectual property, create and negotiate agreements with employees, vendors, and customers; and provide counsel on day-to-day business related legal issues. She enjoys providing efficient and effective resolution of legal matters, developing short and long term strategy for her clients so they can focus on other aspects of their business.
A native Houstonian and 8th generation Texan, Dallas was honored by Houstonia Magazine as a Best Lawyer in Houston for two years in a row, but now happily resides in her namesake city. Prior to law school, Dallas graduated cum laude from Pepperdine University in 2007 where she studied abroad in Buenos Aires, London, and Madrid. After graduating, she spent a year as a television news reporter for the CBS affiliate in Waco, Texas. Putting her research skills to the test, she then went to work for a business consulting and valuation firm.
Dallas loves exploring new places, cultures, foods, and people. In her spare time, she enjoys wine, cooking, lifting weights, the Houston Astros, and spoiling her half Great Dane, half Labrador Retriever named Vera.
- Entrepreneurship and Emerging Companies
- Technology and Intellectual Property
- Contracts and Commercial Agreements
- Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and S Corporations
- Texas, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2014
- B.A., Pepperdine University, cum laude, 2007
- Texas Young Professionals
- Barbara Bush Literacy Foundation
- Women’s Finance Exchange
- Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts Volunteer
- Dallas Startup Week Attorney Mentor
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer 2016
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer 2017