TECHNOLGY, TRADE SECRETS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
McCullough Sudan serves as outside general counsel to new and emerging business. Our experience ranges from company formations, capital infusions and development initiatives, to technology and licensing agreements. For middle market and large publicly traded companies, we negotiate and close even the most complicated strategic acquisitions, joint ventures, and joint development agreements. Our attorneys are also called upon to facilitate and assist with the execution of successful exit strategies, whether by sale, public offering, merger, or acquisition. We are known as thought innovators who navigate beyond the oftentimes daunting and complex obstacles presented to new ventures at the forefront of the economy.
Our lawyers work with clients ranging from tech start-ups, emerging companies, middle market corporations and publicly traded corporations. We assist with the initial choice of entity and formation, and execute the issuance of equity and compensation for key employees and founders. We prepare partnership and buy-sell agreements for founders so that they have a clear path for dealing with management deadlocks and ways to part ways with their partners in an orderly way.
McCullough Sudan attorneys assist emerging companies with capital raises through private securities offerings. We help operating companies as their outside legal department and corporate counsel. As the companies grow, we work with the founder or their corporate development team to execute acquisitions, as well as plan the final exit.
Along the way, we help technology companies protect their trade secrets and intellectual property as well as assist tech companies commercialize their innovations with licensing and other agreements.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Licensing, royalty, and distribution arrangements
- Software development and Research and Development Agreements
- Software as a Service Agreements (SAAS)
- Copyright and Trademark Registration
- Healthcare information technology, revenue cycle management, and billing software
- Protection of Trade Secrets
- Joint venture, Joint Development Agreements and collaboration agreements
- Purchase and sale of technology and other intangible property
- Mergers and acquisitions involving technology companies and acquisitions of intellectual property assets
- Intellectual Property Assignments, Confidentiality & Non-Circumvention Agreements, and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Cyber Security, Data Privacy and Compliance
- Digital Economy: Ecommerce, Mobile Applications and More