Our attorneys are experienced in tax planning with respect to corporate mergers, acquisitions, asset divestitures, and other corporate reorganizations. Each attorney at the law firm provides innovative and up-to-date tax solutions for all corporate and general business matters, including business formation, reorganization, dissolution, and partnership and limited liability company structuring.
TAXATION OF CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS
Tax considerations affect every aspect of business, investment, and individual wealth management. We add value to your business by structuring transactions and planning business operations in order to reduce state, federal, and international taxes. Our lawyers provide sophisticated and creative counseling in all areas of corporate, partnership, real estate, and international taxation, as well as estate planning. For business and corporate clients, we add value to our transactional services by providing taxation planning to our clients financial and commercial transactions.
Our lawyers advise clients with respect to the international taxation and legal issues related to structuring and implementing cross-border transactions, including the representation of non-resident investors acquiring interests in U.S. entities or real estate and U.S. business entering foreign markets through direct operations or joint ventures, foreign sales and distribution agreements or outsourcing arrangements.
CROSS-BORDER TAX EXPERIENCE
Our lawyers negotiate and document in-bound and out-bound transactions, and counsel clients in relation to the U.S. and foreign tax implications associated with such transactions. An international tax attorney from our group can assist you with:
- Identifying and implementing tax-planning strategies to minimize worldwide tax liabilities
- Analyzing and planning for the availability of tax treaty benefits
- Planning and structuring in-bound or out-bound investments
- Taxation of expatriate executives and business owners
- International estate planning for non-residents of the United States
- Analyzing choice of entity and domicile for companies entering new markets
- Overseeing and managing local country tax compliance and US tax reporting requirements
- Restructuring or reorganization of corporate ownership and multinational affiliated groups
- Management and implementation of international special projects
- Formation and execution of IC-DISC strategies
AREAS OF FOCUS
- International tax planning for in-bound and out-bound transactions and multinational corporations
- Taxation of taxable acquisitions, and tax-free mergers, split-offs, spin-offs and recapitalizations
- Tax planning for technology transactions, structuring IP ownership and utilization; planning for international licensing arrangements
- Equity compensation and employee incentive plans
- Choice of entity and business planning
- Planning for foreign investments in real property
- Taxation Planning for business succession and multi-generation transfers